Thursday, November 10, 2011

Big Buddha on Lantau

 
It is one fine day on October 28, 2011 for an outing to Lantau Island.


 Although just a little hazy, Big Buddha is looking fine from a distance.
 











 Disembarking from cable car. 

 
Only these two brave adventurous souls and yours truly trekked up to face Big Buddha. 

Carrie aiming for a good shot.
250 steps to this point. Another 45 to go.

In the shadow of Big Buddha, with his blessing.
 

It ain't no lunch without fine Bordeaux, especially for a consummate wine lover. 











Here, you open it. It's corked.







 
Our ingenious waiter uncorked it and put it in this fancy polypropylene decanter. Fine Bordeaux can only be decanted in fine crystal. Unbeknownst to us, an undesirable reaction produced polybordeauxlene, a chemical with unpredictable effect in humans.


 
We gorged on a fine vegetarian meal.  

Then it hit us. Polybordeauxlene caused uncontrollable giggles. 











Tears and involuntary gaping mouth.



Runny nose and sneezes. 

 








Deep depression and grief.














Involuntary facial muscle spasm.




More pronounced facial muscle spasm in female. 



And a sudden case of extreme home-sickness.

















5 comments:

  1. Is it the polybordeaux something or the wine that has the adverse effect on us ? I'm still laughing after looking at the photos. Kam Shing, where did you get the wine ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the poly thing helped us recall our rafting adventure; a must do for everybody next time, but I will insist on everyone wearing waterproof skin-suit to lessen the poly~ effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree whole heartedly. Rafting adventure was a definite must do. My rafting experience was quite enjoyable, thank you very much. Victor, as you so aptly said, time stopped for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polybordeauxlene! You can upload to Wikipedia with demonstration pictures and I will use it in my wine training session.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the trip so much that I had to bring Melissa to Lantau to see the big buddha the very
    next day, still had the energy to climb up the nearly 300 steps. Too bad we had no time for veggie lunch.

    ReplyDelete